The Buddhist prayer beads mala is a Buddhism tool which originated a thousand years ago. It gained popularity during the Qing Dynasty due to the mala’s decorative and artistic features. It also symbolized the noble status of the wearer. Buddha beads mala not only represent the heritage of traditional Buddhism but also signify luck. Nowadays Buddha beads mala have become a fashion accessory often paired with dresses. However, it has its own value as a plaything and is embraced by players the best.
The star and moon Bodhi seed is the seed of the daemonorops margaritae. The seed has one large concaved spot surrounded by many small, dark dots which look like the stars surrounding the moon, This is why it’s called the star and moon Bodhi seed. It is one of the four famous beads.
The star and moon Bodhi seed is not a fruit. The daemonorops margaritae, from which the seed comes, is a tropical plant. The original seed is grey and white in color, often irregularly shaped. Just like the shape of the Chinese silver sycee. We see all kinds of shapes in the market, but these are mostly processed Bodhi seeds.
There are various Bodhi bead processed products that can be found in the market. The color and smoothness is different based on the amount of time it is worn. They become bright and smooth if worn more often. Eventually, the color grows dark and a bit transparent, similar to jade.
What are the advantages of the star and moon Bodhi seed? What makes it welcome?
The Attractive Price – Compared to other playthings, the price of the star and moon Bodhi seed prayer beads mala is very reasonable. Prices range from small amounts into the hundreds. Everybody and anybody can obtain a star and moon Bodhi seed at their expected price level. There is no need to overpay to own a plaything which is often put to the side and rejected.
Easy to Carry – Wearing the star and moon Bodhi seed mala is a convenience as long as you select one appropriate to your size. It should be suitable to wear without causing any discomfort in your daily life.
Beautiful Appearance – In addition to the attractiveness of the star and moon Bodhi seed mala itself, you can enhance its beauty by matching it with various accessories. If you use your imagination and are willing to practice, you may develop your own unique way of wearing and displaying your star and moon Bodhi seed mala.
The Star and Moon Bodhi Seed Changes Over Time – The color and smoothness of the star and moon Bodhi seed changes depending on the amount of time it is worn. The brightness and smoothness of the star and moon Bodhi seed is increased when worn and massaged more often. Of course, this also makes the color darker and more beautiful. In the end, it possesses an almost jade-like transparency. Players enjoy observing the changes of the star and moon Bodhi seed over the course of wearing or massaging; it is thought to be an interesting and beautiful process. You can place implied meaning to the star and moon Bodhi seed according to your own personality so it becomes matched to your soul and intrinsically entwined with your feelings.
Anneal Personality and Mind – Many players of the star and moon Bodhi seed enjoy the process of massaging the seed. They believe it is good for the personality and mind, helping them to become peaceful and calm.
- Keep the star and moon Bodhi seed mala in a cloth bag so as to avoid damaging it if not use.
- The star and moon Bodhi seed is easily wetted by sweat during hot conditions. In this case, a light yellow color can occur. This can be ignored. However, one must pay attention if the seed changes to a red or black color since it can easily damage the surface of the seed. It is necessary to remove the red and black color with a wet towel if such a change is observed.
- As previously stated, the seeds of the star and moon Bodhi are easily wetted by sweat during a hot summer. In this case, one must try to massage the seed more and more. Make sure the seeds are massaged until dry or warm before you stop massaging. This way, the patina will be kept bright and smooth.
- It is suggested you clean the seed with a wet towel monthly, especially if you massage it every day. This cleans and maintains the surface of the seed. Remember to make sure the star and moon Bodhi seed is dry or warm before storing.
- Last but at least, make sure your hands are thoroughly clean before massaging the seed.